Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Navigation and a New Direction


I just came home from Starbucks. At last, I’ve found an outlet for the distress I’m feeling for quite awhile. In my previous entry, my mind was in a topsy-turvy state. Alas, I found someone who’s easy to talk to. My friend gave me that much-needed relief.

I found relief in having a plan.

A plan is an organized, step-by-step stratagem. But coinage of the term contingency or a ‘back-up’ plan shows how plans get derailed. Thus, hatching a Plan B becomes a necessity. It is this undertaking which redirected my cluttered and slightly rebellious behavior—making it momentous for me. It somehow invigorates the detrimental position I found myself in. A paramount factor would be the person who accommodated my whines.

Having a friend like that is like having a GPS in the Philippines. The streets aren’t perfectly mapped out and getting to a location is very tricky. They don’t actually command you to take the road. They let you gradually propose a plausible path. And it’s up to you to formulate a SMART decision; Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-bound.

Despite the number of friends, or should I say acquaintances, I could talk to; I learned how rare good conversations are. There are only a handful of persons who possess this attribute.

Everyone should know who their ‘go-to’ person is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.