Saturday, February 16, 2008

David Archuleta!

I have a huge crush on this kid.

Well not just because of his looks and his windy and smooth voice.

With all honesty, though it's quite hard to believe, I wasn't exactly fascinated on his first appearance despite the angelic face.

For his voice, I live in the Philippines where most are granted with remarkable singing voice. Heck, even the mere 'tambay' at the nearby videoke bar is able to sing a bit of Humperdinck and Ogie Alcasid. I was using an umbrella and wearing my raincoat when God showered singing talents because I don't have, not even a pinch, of tone and harmony. Maybe my voice would be good for rallies or as a barker for jeepney rides but not for singing.

Though his voice is identifiable, let's just say that I'm too used to hearing a lot of good singing here. This is not to downplay his talent because I'm already see him among professional singers.

The one thing that made me admire him most was the fact that he had a problem with his vocal chords, he had a surgery. I can't exactly remember his problem with his larynx, or maybe throat, but to think that he still has 'that' kind of voice is just remarkable. His every performance is applauded with ease.


And he plays the piano really well. Playing the piano is one of my frustrations, aside from my singing. My singing can frustrate others though.

So yeah, I have a huge crush on him.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.